I don’t normally make New Years Resolutions, but this year I do have some goals that I would like to work toward. These are all creative and business goals. I am most happy when I am creating something, it doesn’t have to be anything big or anything that anyone will see it just makes me feel good. I am even happier when I am able to make some money from the things I create, who doesn’t like to get paid to do the one thing they love most in the world.
So let’s start with my personal creative goals:
- I got a beautiful journal for Christmas from my husband (my favorite gift by far, he knows me so well, I love paper). It is nice and thick I can’t remember how many pages but there is a lot. I am going to use it as an art journal. I had been telling my son to work on one for weeks, but he never really got into it, so I thought I would give it a go. I found a list of 365 prompts, my goal is to complete all 365 but the end of the year. I have already started and will share them later. I am not going to do the one a day approach because that is just not practical for me. When I am able to just sit and work on it, I will do as many as I can, and plan a day every few weeks to catch up.
- I am back cross stitching. YAY! I finished page 16 which makes four completed pages (I am going down the left side first). My goal is to finish one page a month, but not just on my current project. A few weeks ago I entered a giveaway on my favorite cross stitch focused blog. Waffu wanted to treat all of her readers and I was the lucky winner of a new chart from the Heaven and Earth Designs site. I am going to start working on it next month and will rotate between the two monthly. Completing 6 pages on each (hopefully) by the end of the year.
- In 2015 I completed 6 orders on my Etsy shop. I know that does not sound like a lot but after being open for a year the 6 orders I got were all in the last 3 months. This meant a lot to me because I really put in the work to prompt my products. My goal this year is to double, not triple, maybe even quadruple those numbers.
- I mostly make inserts for Midoris, Fauxdoris, Paperdoris, etc. My goal for this year is to add my own version of the Midori Travelers Notebook to my shop. I of course will need to work on perfecting this before I am able to add it to my shop. I would also like to make pretty things that can be used to decorate or personalize the covers and inserts that I will be selling in my shop. Link below if you would like to check out me shop.
- My blog and Instagram account (link below) are a big part of how I advertise my shop, connect with potential customers, and see what my competition is. I want to get better are posting to my blog 3 times a week again (6 was just too much) I want to share my daily life and crafts on my Instagram, it shows that I am human and am focused on my crafts and family not just about making money.